These classic and amazing muffins are the perfect start to your busy day or a great protein-packed snack for the middle of the day!
Before we get to the weight loss talk, I wanted to briefly chat about these amazing peanut butter and jelly muffins! If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, this recipe might look rather familiar. I made them way back in March of 2011 and the photos are pretty awful. I actually used an iPhone 3s to take these. Isn’t that horrible? And these muffins deserve more, they deserve a sexy photo-shoot that makes them look as delicious as they are.
- 1 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup low-sugar blueberry jelly