Thank you Wright Brand Bacon for sponsoring this New Years Eve recipe, BACON GRILLED CHEESE DIPPERS! Thank you readers, as always, for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie. All opinions are 100% my own.
Candied Whiskey Bacon Grilled Cheese Dippers are the PERFECT appetizer recipe for New Years Eve.
Can you believe we are already talking about New Year Eve? What to wear, where to go, and most importantly WHAT TO EAT!! I always get pretty sentimental around January 1st…thinking about all that has happened in the last 12 months and thinking ahead to new year. The countdown to midnight is on, and 2016 will be here before we know it. Time to eat lots and lots of great food before we all pretend to make New Years resolutions!
- 8 strips of Wright Brand Bacon
- 1 cup whiskey or bourbon
- 1¼ cup dark brown sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 slices of your favorite bread, with the crust cut off
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese for garnish (optional)
- tomato soup for dipping