Who else is ready for Thanksgiving? I started the cooking frenzy yesterday. This year I made a long list of what needed to be done, and divided the tasks up into 3 days. Since I do all the cooking on my own, I find it necessary to make a list so that I won't forget anything. One year everything was ready and we were sitting down to the table when I realized I had forgot to make Mashed potatoes. Good thing they only take 30 minutes, because my family was not going to have a Thanksgiving without mashed potatoes.
- Almond Rice Pilaf
- adapted from All Recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir jasmine rice and almonds into onion until rice is coated with oil and rice is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes more.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet and season with kosher salt and black pepper.