Christmas is literally around the corner, I can smell the mince pies, gingerbread men and granola already, I wish you could too! I already have loads of healthy Christmas treats on the blog, so today I am sharing a special Christmas appetizer or starter….Christmas cranberry and walnut hummus recipe! It oozes Christmas flavours and tastes great too.
I love hummus, I already have 4 hummus recipes on my blog including peanut butter (I know!) red pepper hummus, avocado hummus and pumpkin flavour, so this Christmas version is literally the cherry on the top. I love the combination of cranberries and walnuts, they go incredibly well together. Walnuts add extra healthy oils and cranberries the sweet flavour. I love serving this with grilled pitta bread cut up into strips. A perfect combination if you ask me.
- 1 tin chickpeas
- ¼ cup cashew nut butter or any other nut butter
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, or lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cranberries
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150 grams cooked beetroot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Walnuts and cranberries for toppings
- Grilled pitta bread strips