It’s my friend’s birthday and she had special request for a baked cheesecake.
So, the night before I met her, I baked, not one but two small cheesecakes.
The recipe was actually for a 8” cake but we’re going to a historical & lovely town called Lewes.
It’s not a good idea to bring a giant 8” cake around.
The little cheesecake turned out great with simple arrangement of poached apples & my friend loved it :)
- So, the night before I met her, I baked, not one but two small cheesecakes.
- Lewes was an adorable town, full of antique shops, cozy cafe & cute crafts stores.
- There is also a big flea market & it's like treasure hunting :)
- Floral tea cups & saucers bought from Lewes.
- Recipe (make two 6'' round):
- 140 g digestive biscuit crumbs
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- Mix the ingredients & bake in an oven at 150C for 15 min.
- After cooling, press into 6" springform pans.
- Cheesecake Filling
- 200 g cream cheese
- 180 g sour cream
- 70 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 lemon, zest only & finely ground