And so Turkey month begins!!
Usually I end up with 3 Thanksgiving dinners during this time of year. The first being the one I host for my friends (a tradition since Junior year of college), the 2nd on actual Thanksgiving with my family, and the 3rd the Saturday after Thanksgiving with Brian’s family.
Well the season kicked off early this year with #4. Another friend decided to have a “Friendsgiving” this past weekend to double as a house-warming!
I was excited mostly because I got to see college friends I haven’t seen in a while and try out a new fun dessert!
After racking my brain for a while, and realizing I didn’t have time for anything that involved making any component ahead of time, I opted for a cheesecake.
- After racking my brain for a while, and realizing I didn’t have time for anything that involved making any component ahead of time, I opted for a cheesecake.
- Ok, so her recipe is from some random old cookbook, but in my mind it’s still “Nanny’s cheesecake”.
- I started there, but wanted to put a festive twist on it and after a little online research I blended 3 recipes into what I wanted!
- Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
- makes 1 9” diameter cheesecake
- adapted from Nanny’s recipe, this epicurious recipe, and this allrecipes recipe
- 8 oz gingersnap cookies
- 1 cup pecans
- 2T brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3.5 packages cream cheese (8 oz each), room temp
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar (scant)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- shake of nutmeg and cloves
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 T sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla