Banana Pecan Waffles was our breakfast for dinner recently, although it’s also one of our favorite weekend breakfasts when we have a family brunch.
I’ve been making breakfast for dinner a lot this past month. It’s a great way to fill in a meal when I can’t get anyone to agree on what they want to eat.
Since everyone seems to be too busy to speak up on what they would like for dinner I’ve been making the decisions. Good for me since I enjoy waffles, not so much for everyone else – I know they would prefer burgers, but hey, speak up or . . .! you know what I mean?
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- ⅔ cup avocado oil (or any flavorless light oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup club soda
- Fresh bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter & 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans (or your preferred nut)
- Warm Maple Syrup