Grilled Antipasti Pizza just might be ‘the’ summer appetizer, snack or party food and make everyone smile.
I decided to make it the first time because there is always someone who is hungry and it’s just a little to early to add the meat to the grill – it was a great antipasti starter.
Antipasti is the plural for antipasto which is usually a platter of cold foods to be eaten before a meal. For my grilled ‘antipasti’ pizza I used cold foods that are often found on an antipasto platter.
In our family these few items are always in our fridge or pantry – roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, salami, olives and grape tomatoes – the salami is one item we buy when needed but someone is always asking for it so we have it often.
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts
- ½ cup sliced roasted peppers
- ½ cup black olives sliced in half
- 4-6 slices of salami (or ham) sliced into strips
- 1 pkg. shredded mozzarella or 8 oz. mozzarella, sliced
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste