The dog days of summer are here and we are looking for a refreshing and cool drink.
A few weeks ago in Keeping Your Cool , I posted recipes for refreshing non-alcoholic drinks that everyone will enjoy.
This week we decided to have Sangria. Quite a refreshing nod to a “wine cooler” if we leave out the alcohol — well, we are trying to keep cool . . .
Not just a summer drink, Sangria is versatile and refreshing and seems to be back in vogue. Typically Sangria is made with wine (red or white), fresh fruit and fruit juices, seltzer, sparkling water or a sweet carbonated soda, and optional brandy or other spirit of choice.
- 1 bottle of red or white wine
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1 Orange
- 1 cup any berries and/or stone fruits cut up
- 1 cup fruit juice (optional)
- ½ cup Sugar (add less or more sweetener to taste)
- 2 cups of your choice -- sparkling water, seltzer (plain or flavored), ginger ale