This is one of my favorite “go-to” recipes because it is so fast and easy. I call it Simple Parmesan Chicken. I’ve been making it for years and each time I “dress” it differently. Sometimes I use a salsa verde, other times a jalapeno jam or even a Major Grey Chutney. Tonight I opted for a tomato relish because our grape tomatoes were aging and needed to be used.
- 6 chicken breasts, pounded to ¼ inch
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Prepare a steamed vegetable ahead of time that can withstand reheating or microwave/steam a vegetable just before plating.