This Creamy Chipotle Black Bean Soup has all the makings of a perfect and delicious dinner! Plus it’s totally vegan and a meal you can feel great about serving to your family! I’m so excited to be partnering with Silk to bring you this recipe that is perfect for Meatless Monday and Game Day!
Ages ago I started doing Meatless Mondays on the blog, bringing some meat free recipes along with some reasons to go meat free one day a week. But really the number one reason for me is the environment. Raising animals to be used for food product can be really taxing on the environment. The simplest example I always think of is by considering the amount of people that could be fed by the corn used to feed animals. It would feed more people than the animals themselves do.
- 2 TBSPs olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1/2 a jalapeno diced, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBSP chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (see tip in the post)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 15 oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with cilantro and lime juice, undrained
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup Unsweetened Silk Almond Milk or Soy Milk
- Dairy free yogurt or sour cream and fresh cilantro to garnish (optional)