I’m not always a burger fan. I have to be in a mood, and even then, it has to be the right sort of burger with the right sort of fixins. A few weeks ago, I got a hankerin’ — but not for just any burger.
I wanted a burger with flavor the size o’ Texas (can you hear my cowgirl twang?), a mile high and a mile wide, with cheese runnin’ down the sides like the Rio Grande.
Too much? Okay, I’ll stop.
But I wanted a really good burger, y’all. And so I started dreaming. And I reckon this here Tumbleweed Burger (oops, I said I’d stop, didn’t I?) is what I dreamed.
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 4-6 tablespoons taco seasoning (I use McCormick’s Cheesy Taco and highly recommend it)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 slices muenster cheese
- hamburger buns
- butter for toasting buns
- Spicy Mayonnaise Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (chile sauce)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh cilantro to taste
- Burger toppings:
- fried onion rings, if desired
- hot dog chili (I used Texas Pete brand, warmed in the microwave)
- tomato, avocado, romaine lettuce, chopped green onions
- Mix ground beef, taco seasoning, and cilantro and form into 6 patties (handling as little as possible, so you don’t toughen the meat). Broil for around 9 minutes until checking for doneness by splitting one of the thickest patties in half and examining the meat. You want them to be slightly pink in the middle (see how to tell if a burger is done). Place muenster cheese on each patty to melt when you pull them out of the oven.
- While broiling, melt butter in a skillet and toast buns (alternatively, brush melted butter onto buns and broil them to toast, keeping a close watch so as not to burn them).
- Assemble the burger: Mix spicy mayonnaise ingredients together. Spread generously onto toasted bun, topping with cooked burger, fried onion rings, avocado slices, tomato slice, a leaf of romaine lettuce. Enjoy!
- If you liked this post, please:
- -Subscribe to Willow Bird Baking
- -Follow Willow Bird Baking on Twitter
- -Follow Willow Bird Baking on Facebook
- -Give this post a thumbs up on StumbleUpon
- Other ways to share this post with friends!
- continue readingThe post Tumbleweed Burger appeared first on Willow Bird Baking.