Sweet and nutty toasted honey and hazelnut granola. Jump to the recipe here, or read on to get my tips for making perfect granola, and get the recipe at the bottom of the post.
Homemade granola is one of the simplest and tastiest things that can come out of your kitchen in thirty minutes or less. All it takes is a handful of ingredients dumped in a bowl, spread on a baking sheet, then thrown in the oven for a few minutes, and viola. Goodbye bags of overpriced, overly sweet, stale, store-bought granola… hello perfection.
- 3 cups rolled oats (or gluten-free rolled oats)
- 1 cup roasted and skinned hazelnuts, divided
- ⅓rd cup honey
- 3-4 TBSP light brown sugar, depending on how sweet you like it (I prefer it with 3)
- ½ tsp. kosher salt, scantly measured
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract