Energy bites… healthy chocolate truffles… better-than-Larabars-date-nut-balls… delicious…
It doesn’t really matter what you call them, because these are all of the above, and then some. They’re like candy, if candy were loaded with healthy fats and proteins, and sweetened only by dates, and made you feel AWESOME after you’d had a couple. Or six.
(And I don’t mean the kind of awesome that feels good for a minute, but then feels really, really bad. We’re talking long-term, sustainable awesome, here.)
- 2 cups (about 9.5 oz.) dates, pitted and soaked
- 1 cup (about 5 oz.) raw almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, or walnuts, or a mix, soaked overnight
- ½ cup (1.5 oz.) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 3 TBSP (30g.) hemp seeds
- 1 TBSP (7g.) chia seeds
- 2-3 TBSP (14-21g.) cocoa powder, or raw cocoa powder, to taste
- pinch of salt (this helps amp up the flavor, but can be omitted if you wish)
- Any toppings you like, such as chopped nuts, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, freeze dried raspberries (pulverized into a powder with a spice grinder or mortar and pestle), hemp seeds, etc.