My motto this month: all stone fruit, all the time. I’m going to go full throttle on the cherries, peaches and nectarines until I can’t possibly consume any more, so let me introduce you to this Cherry and Peach Panzanella!
Let’s break it down shall we? Peaches. Cherries. Freshly made croutons. Burrata cheese. Basil. Lemon Champagne vinaigrette. Done and done.
It’s quite simple but that’s the beauty of it! When you’re dealing with the freshest seasonal produce available, you don’t need much to really make a statement. Just let the ingredients shine on their own and toss it all together with a vinaigrette. I used ciabatta bread for the croutons, but you could use any french bread, sourdough, or anything else along those lines and the result will be equally as fantastic!
- 12 ounces Burrata
- 2 Nectarines, cut into wedges
- 2 Plums, cut into wedges
- 2 Peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 cups red cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 cups Rainier cherries, pitted and halved
- Maldon Sea Salt + Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 loaf ciabatta bread
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil