Some days I have more to say than others, and today is one of those days. If you’re not in the mood or you’re rushed, please skip to the bottom for the recipe. Otherwise, take your time and hang out with me for a bit.
In the brochure, it says: “La Tourangelle artisan nut oils are handcrafted in our California mill in the spirit of the traditional oil-making method we developed 150 years ago in France.”
When a company like La Tourangelle approaches me about sampling one of their products, I know they’ve at the very least, skimmed , and have an idea of what I’m all about.
- about 4 (1 to 2-inch thick) slices of melon (I used Summer Kiss - delicious!)
- about ¼ cup super thinly sliced red onion
- about 2-ounces shaved hard cheese (I used Kerrygold Aged Cheddar -- Parmesan would be great, too)
- ¼ medium-sized avocado, super thinly sliced
- about 1½ tablespoons La Tourangelle Avocado Oil
- 2 small Finger limes
- Sea salt