Remember when I said the sweet red pepper sauce I made for the Patagonian Tooth Fish, was so delicious, that I could practically drink it?
Well I slightly revised the recipe, poured it into a bowl, and compromised a bit by using a spoon instead of a straw.
Starring Sweet Red Kapia Peppers from Melissa’s Produce, this soup is shockingly rich and creamy without cream! And your guests will assume you’ve spent hours to create such deep, full-bodied flavors — only you and I will know it only took you 35 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped brown onion
- 3 small to medium-sized garlic cloves, stems and roots removed
- 8-ounces roughly chopped sweet red Kapia peppers, stems and seeds removed
- 1 cup roughly chopped, fresh tomato, stems and seeds removed
- 2 large basil leaves, plus a few small leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil for garnish