Chocolate, raspberries, beets, buttercream, hearts, love and red. . . . these are a few of my favorite things.
And guess what? They’re all blended together in this super cute, delicious Valentine’s Day treat!
Did you roast your beets? Make your Buttercream? Is it all making sense now?
These are the most brilliant, beautiful ingredients ever! And the pretty fuchsia color becomes a vibrant red inside the cupcake after it’s baked!
It’s so easy to make these awesome heart shaped cupcakes. Fortunately, I have two young boys who leave marbles all over the house — if that’s not the case for you, you can roll up bits of foil about the size of small marbles to do the same trick.
- 2-1/4 cups (about 2 very large beets) roasted, peeled, roughly chopped beets (here's how to roast beets)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup Greek style, plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet, mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups Buttercream (here's the 5-minute recipe for Buttercream)