A little math equation for you: favorite, fresh flavors . . . plus wonderful textures . . . plus a bit of warming spices equals . . . a delicious and perfect puréed soup!
That’s exactly what’s going one here.
Sweet, smoky peppers . . . plus potato . . . plus a bit of cumin and chipotles equals . . . Roasted Pepper Potato Soup.
I love adding Idaho Yukon Gold potatoes to my puréed soups, as they add an incredible creamy richness, and are a great way to thicken the consistency. Using this potato eliminates any need or desire to add cream. (For me, anyway.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup roughly chopped brown onion
- 4 roughly chopped, small to medium sized garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1-1/4 pounds Idaho Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2-3/4 pounds yellow or red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped (here's how)
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 recipe Smoky Chipotle Parmesan French Fries