“Little” means “cute,” don’t’ you think?
Babies, puppies, doll house furniture — even a teeny tiny pencil can be cute!
You’re wondering: why is she talking about all this little stuff? Am I right?
It’s because of this super cute (yes, cute!) baby corn my friend Rebecca brought me from the Farmer’s Market the other day.
This baby corn, also known as Candle corn, is harvested early when it’s still very small. And unlike with mature corn, one eats the entire thing — cob included — which is just as sweet and tender as the kernels.
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (Sambal Oelek is great)
- 2 pounds baby corn, husks and silk removed
- 8 scallions, cut into about 2-inch pieces (about 2 cups, loosely packed)
- Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted