Last year at this time, Cooking On The Weekends wasn’t born yet.
I had just read an article in the LA Times Food Section about Sarah Gim of TasteSpotting. It said that Sarah would be speaking at Camp Blogaway — a two-day camp packed with back to back sessions about all of the different aspects of the food blogging world.
At the time I was busy writing recipes for a couple of online magazines, but a bell went off in my head. I had to have my own food blog. I had to go to this Camp Blogaway and learn how to do it!
- 1 cup grated Idaho Russet Potatoes (approximately one, 3/4 pound potato)
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 1/3 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons super finely chopped Jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chipotle adobo sauce (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- Olive oil