Paul’s away again and it’s just been Molly and I hanging out for the past week.
My meals have included mostly huge spinach salads, rice bowls and scrambled eggs. I like making big batches of stuff when I’m by myself. It saves me money and allows me soooooo much time to binge watch t.v. shows.
Side bar: I’m currently obsessing over The Affair and Broad City! Get on it!!
Somehow, and please tell me this happens to you too, I find that when I’m alone I actually get less done then when Paul is around. Like, I tell myself that I am going to have sooooo much free time in the evenings to get a) and b) checked off my to-do list and then just watch t.v. or stare at the giant hole that is the internet. WHY does this happen??
- 4 thick slices bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed, diced
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- For serving: salsa, sour cream and fresh cilantro
- Cilantro, garnish