Change up your Summer grilling routine with these Asian Chicken and Plum Kebabs. This easy recipe can be made in 30 minutes in the oven or out on the grill.
This recipe is Sponsored by Harmons Grocery but the recipe and all opinions are my own.
Every few months my local grocery store, Harmons Grocery, has a Big Meat Sale. And I mean BIG! They offer 5 packages of meat for $20. You can get a variety of beef, chicken, pork, and sometimes even wild caught salmon, all for $20. I often wait until this sale and then stock up my freezer. Then, I don’t have to worry about buying meat for a few weeks.
After my freezer is stocked with a variety of meats I start dreaming up recipes like this one. I defrost meat overnight in the fridge then, the next day it’s ready! I also really like to cook the meat then freeze it so I have cooked meat on hand for quick meals like Greek Chicken Bowls, Chicken Tacos, or to top salads like this one. This kebab recipe is made with fresh chicken or chicken that has been frozen then defrosted.
About the Recipe
• I like to use chicken thighs with this recipe since they naturally have more flavor but feel free to use chicken breasts if you’d prefer.
• I used 4 plums for the recipe but if your plums are small you may need 5-6.
• The chicken can marinate in half of the sauce for 10 minutes or up to a few hours before cooking.
• For the sauce, there are a few ingredients you may not already have in your pantry. Coconut Aminos are a healthy, paleo, gluten free and vegan, replacement for soy sauce. They are made from aged coconut sap and salt, no soy or MSG. Sesame oil is another item you may not have around. It is a pressed oil from sesame seeds with many health benefits and a strong concentrated flavor. If you can find toasted sesame oil get that one, the darker the oil, the more enhanced the flavor.
• To make this full meal in 30 minutes, you’ll want to have the sauce reducing and the couscous cooking as the chicken is roasting. Make sure to read through the whole recipe before starting so you can have several things going at once and have everything ready at the same time.
Asian Chicken and Plum Kebabs
A fun Summer spin on Chicken Kebabs with Plums and an Asian sauce.
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 4 plums
- 2 cloves garlic, (sliced thin)
- 1 inch piece ginger, (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, (or tamari soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oil, (avocado or organic canola)
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1 cup trimmed green beans
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs, (mint and basil work well)