Napa Cabbage Salad
- Napa Cabbage Salad
- Fava Bean and Quinoa Salad
- This is summer at its best. The fava beans are in season and the colors in this salad looks like a garden with its multiple shades of green, red, and blue. It also tastes like summer. The tart cranberry dressing and the burst of sweet blueberries are exactly what we want to eat when the temperatures rise and our appetites crave freshness and lighter fare. Click here for the recipe.
- Napa Cabbage Salad with Toasted Almonds
- Crunchy, that’s where it’s at, and this salad is seriously all that! Crunchy Napa cabbage, almonds, ramen noodles, and green onions, that’s a lot of crispy fresh goodness. Then there’s the flavor from the dressing. Ginger and soy sauce with rice vinegar, need we say more? This recipe is compliments of Tizza, Linda’s mother-in-law and Alex’s nonna. It’s one of our favorites and we are going to go out on a limb and say that after you try it, it will be one of your favorites too. Click here for the recipe.
- Summer Sunshine Salad in a Mason Jar
- The name of this superfood salad says it all. It’s packed full of veggies and fruit that will keep you nourished and energized for hours. It also tastes like summer sunshine. The mason jar is the perfect vehicle to store it in if you want to carry it with you to work or the park for a picnic lunch. The airtight container keeps the ingredients fresh until you are ready to dig in, and the glass is so much better than plastic. If you’re like us, we can taste the plastic if food sits in it too long.
- Chop up your favorite veggies and fill a few jars so that you have fresh, healthy salad at your fingertips all week long. Click here for the recipe.
- Vegan Cobb Salad
- We love Cobb salad, but we don’t like eggs, or bacon, so we came up with our own healthier version that is cruelty free. This salad is the B.O.M.B! Chopped spinach, with all of its nutrients and iron will give you muscles like Popeye. The chopped kale is also an antioxidant booster. The creamy avocado is filled with healthy fats (we need those folks), and the juicy tomatoes have lots of lycopenes, which may help prevent certain cancers. Top it with our crunchy coconut bacon. YUMMY!!!! It’s good for you, and it is amazingly delicious. Click here for the recipe.
- Watermelon and Tomatilla Salad
- Watermelon = summer and summer = watermelon. This salad is filled with sweet juicy melon, crunch and mild jicama, and spicy salsa. It tastes like the beach feels. Refreshing. It also has a ton of protein, thanks to the nuggety little garbanzo beans that turn what could have been a side salad into a meal. Click here for the recipe.
- Arugula and Fennel Salad with Fried Lemons
- Have you ever tried fried lemons? We are obsessed! They are heavenly, decadent, light, mouth puckering (in the best way), delightfully savory, good. The thinnest slices are dredged through a savory coating and then lightly fried to a crispy state of pure perfection. The spicy arugula and the anise flavor of the fennel, topped with the lemons and the creamy and tangy dressing are sublime when combined. This is a salad that you will want to make for company because it will make you look like a culinary rock star! Click here for the recipe.
- So there you have it! Six sunshine filled summer salads that will make your day easier, tastier, and healthier. Ahhhhh…………