I woke up to sunshine and sixty-five, I took a walk and arrived home with clouds and forty-five. That’s spring in Chicago. It stinks!
The good news is that May will be here soon and so will warm days that actually stay warm. Living next to Lake Michigan has its advantages, but let me tell you, at this time of year, when all we want to do is thaw the heck out, that big body of water is an unwanted freezer. When the wind turns and blows off of the lake, it’s like somebody turned on the air conditioning.
- 1 avocado - diced
- 1 medium yellow tomato – seeded and diced
- 1 medium red tomato – seeded and dices
- ½ cup of sliced hearts of palm
- 1 cup of fresh chopped spinach
- 1 medium carrot – shaved
- 4 tablespoons of roasted sunflower seeds
- Salad Dressing
- Juice from ½ a lime
- 3 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 2 pinches of vegan sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground thyme
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste