As some of you may know, I spend the past weekend (plus a couple of days) in San Francisco. If you’ve been there before, you can imagine how excited I was about trying out some more vegan restaurants and delightful food! Not to mention, the whole point of my trip was to visit some amazing friends and check out the scenery. There were many firsts during this trip, one of them being that it was my first time flying there and boy, do I love 1 hour flights!
Once I got there, my lovely friend Caroline picked me up and we jogged a couple of miles in preparation for the weekend of crazy feasting! I just have to say, as reluctant as I was to jog before breakfast, it sure set the tone for the weekend. So, thanks again, Caroline! We went to Source for brunch, to visit the always awesome Jenny (who’s the pastry chef there) and left feeling slightly food drunk. The rest of the weekend included trips (including but not limited) to Souley Vegan, Pepple’s Donut Farm, Gracias Madre and St. Francis Fountain.
- 1 8 oz. Pkg- Tempeh (cubed)
- 1 cup Red Onion (Sliced into slivers)
- 3 cups Baby Bellas (Cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons Tamari (or liquid aminos, or soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- A Pinchof Black Pepper
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce (Chopped)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Miso Paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Avocado (Sliced for Garnish)