Dairy Free Herbed Scalloped Potatoes is comfort food at it’s best. Potatoes baked in a casserole that have been covered with a creamy white sauce. Herbs sprinkled over all for a little extra sumpin sumpin.
Comfort food can take a step forward and still give you that old nostalgic feeling. This Dairy Free Herbed Scalloped Potatoes recipe is a great example of that.
Right out of the oven comes a bubbling casserole filled with potatoes and lots of creamy sauce. The difference is that dairy free milk is used in the roux and the casserole is sprinkled with finely ground cashews and a bit of fresh herbs. That all cranks up the flavor a notch.
- 4-5 large russet potatoes russet potatoes (6 to 7 cups)
- 4 tablespoons dairy free butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups unsweetened dairy free milk
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup finely ground cashews