2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (that is about 1/2 lemon)
Soak the almonds overnight or about 8 hours. They will bulk up in size.
Add the rest of the ingredients - except the oil.
Turn on your blender and blend until it is as smooth as you can get it. Different blenders will do different work because of the amount of power that they have. No matter what your blender you will get a delicious almond mayonnaise.
Now slowly pour in the olive oil through the opening in the lid. I found 1/2 cup to be perfect but you may add a little more if you would like it thinner.
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, then soak overnight
- 1/2 cup water for the recipe
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (that is about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil