1 tablespoon (15 ml) agave nectar (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
Break the oats and coconut into tiny pieces with your blender. Add the water and let soak for 10 minutes.
Blend again for about 3 minutes or until smooth, then run the creamer through a fine mesh strainer over a small bowl to strain out the oat pieces.
Put the liquid, sweetener and extracts back in the blender and blend until the sweetener is incorporated and dissolved.
Per 1/4 cup (60 ml) serving with no pulp removed: Calories 83.8, protein 1.1 g, total fat 5.4 g,
- 1/4 cup (24 g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (24 g) finely shredded coconut
- 1 cup (237 ml) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) agave nectar (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, to taste