In a large bowl add the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt.
Add the butter and cut in with a pastry cutter.
At the end of the cutting I use my fingers to pinch and blend the butter and flour to make sure it gets close to resembling coarse meal.
Stir in the milk until just blended.
Add the currants or mini raisins. Blend lightly (fold if you can).
Turn out on a floured board and knead about 4 times to get everything incorporated well. Do not over mix.
Press into a round that is about 3/4" thick.
- 3 cups whole wheat pasty flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried currants or mini raisins from Sprouts
- 1/2 cup vegan butter such as Earth Balance, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond vanilla milk