10 to 12 tortillas (I used Ezekial sprouted grain tortillas but any tortilla would work great).
Place all of the ingredients except for the chicken, cheese and tortillas in the slow cooker.
Use a large 9" x 13" casserole dish or two smaller casseroles. Two 9" x 9" casseroles work great. Just divide the tortillas and ingredients evenly when assembling.
Put a little sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish. You will see the bottom of the glass dish through the sauce. It is just a thin coating.
- Enchilada Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilis
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (vegan variety)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 cup water
- Other Casserole ingredients:
- Meatless chicken strips, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 bag vegan shredded cheese
- 10 to 12 tortillas (I used Ezekial sprouted grain tortillas but any tortilla would work great).