I am a chocolate truffle fiend. No truffle is safe from me – if it’s vegan and it’s made of chocolate, I will eat it. I’ve got a fair collection on my own blog already, from traditional praline truffles to more, shall we say, extravagant ones, but I think I’ve really pushed the boundaries of my tastebuds with these Lavender Chocolate Truffles.
Times are changing and things are getting easier, but the fact remains that there are not enough vegan alternatives to chocolate truffles available in most supermarkets and stores. Am I right or am I right? So for now we just have to get creative and make our own.
- Boil water in a small saucepan. As soon as the water is boiling, remove the pan from the heat and place a heat-proof bowl on over it.
- Add all the ingredients, except for the cocoa powder, to the bowl and patiently wait for them to melt together. Stir with a spoon until evenly combined.
- Set aside to cool, then place in the fridge to set (for about 2 hours).
- Take the bowl of chilled chocolate from the fridge; let it come to room temperature for about 15 minutes. Place the cocoa powder in shallow bowl.
- Roll a teaspoonful of chocolate into a walnut-sized ball in the palm of your hands, then roll it into the cocoa powder. Repeat this 11 more times.