rava idli - quick and easy idlis made with sooji or semolina. requires no grinding and fermentation.
- 1 cup sooji/rava/semolina/cream of wheat
- ½ cup dahi/curd/yogurt, fresh or sour
- a pinch of baking soda * check notes
- 2.5 to 3 tbsp water or more - add accordingly & as required to get a medium consistency batter, which is neither thick nor thin.
- 1 green chili/hari mirch, chopped
- ½ inch ginger/adrak, finely chopped
- 10-12 cashews/kaju, chopped
- 2 to 3 tsp ghee or oil for roasting the rava
- 1 tsp oil for frying the cashews
- salt as required
- 1-2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds/rai
- 1 tsp chana dal/split and husked bengal gram
- 10-12 curry leaves/kadi patta, chopped
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing