warm and lightly spiced potato bhaji/sabzi with hints of coriander, ginger and other indian spices. excellent with pooris or chapatis.
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tsp mustard (rai or sarson)
- 1 tsp cumin (jeera)
- 1.5 tsp urad dal/black gram
- ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- ½ to ¾ cup chopped coriander or cilantro leaves
- 1 inch ginger/adrak, finely chopped
- 12-15 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 2 or 3 tbsp peanut oil or sunflower oil
- salt as required
- for the poori, check the recipe here.