garlic dal or lahsun dal recipe – this one is a quick and easy recipe for making garlic dal…. you just need some spices and garlic… thats its… and all of them are cooked together with the dal… easy… isn’t it?
this is a easy one pot method to make garlic dal. good for occasions when you are short of time. in another variation, tempering is added to the garlic dal. i have shared that method in this lasooni dal recipe.
garlic and dal…. my two favorite combinations…. i love garlic in dal… in fact i like the aroma of cooked or fried garlic in dals, rice and even on veggies.
- 2 cups arhar dal/tuvar dal/split pigeon pea
- 8-10 garlic cloves/lahsun, peeled and slightly crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 tsp mustard seeds/rai or sarson (optional)
- 1 green chili/hari mirch, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp red chili powder/ lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 pinch or 2 of asafoetida/hing
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 6 cups water
- salt to taste