potato poha recipe - easy to make and a popular breakfast dish from maharashtra.
- 1 and half cup poha, thick variety (flattened rice/parched rice)
- 1 large potato/aloo, cubed
- 1 small to medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green chili, finely chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves/kadi patta
- ¾ (three-fourth) tsp mustard seeds/rai
- ¾ (three-fourth) tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- ½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 tsp sugar or more if you want it the poha to be more sweet.
- 2 to 3 tbsp grated fresh coconut (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander/cilantro leaves
- a few pieces of lemon or 1 tsp lemon juice or as required
- 2 to 2.5 tbsp oil
- salt as required