Easy Pasta Salad
by Two Peas on June 17, 2010
During the hot summer months, we like to eat salads for lunch and dinner. Sometimes Josh gets tired of green salads , so I mix things up with pasta salads. This easy pasta salad is one of our favorites. It is a great salad to serve at bbq’s, picnics, and pool parties.
You can use any pasta, but I like the colorful rotini noodles. It keeps the salad fun and kids love it too. I toss in as many vegetables that will fit in the bowl. Cucumber, tomatoes, green and red pepper brighten up this salad. I used Maple Grove’s Balsamic Dressing , it is a great pre-made dressing for lazy days. You can use your favorite brand or make your own dressing if you wish. I finished things off with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
- 1 box rotini pasta (16 ounces)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup balsamic dressing-we used Maple Grove's Fat Free Balsamic
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste