Caprese Panzanella Salad
Posted on February 22, 2017 by Dana DeVolk
Caprese Panzanella Salad, grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil tossed with homemade parmesan croutons!
You can’t get more classic than a Caprese salad. The mixture of fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella are just so simple yet so delicious that you cannot go wrong.
I also absolutely love Panzanella salads because well, BREAD. There are a ton of croutons/bread in a Panzanella and I just can’t get enough!
- 2 Cups french bread, 1-inch dice
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, fresh grated
- 2 cracks fresh black pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in half length-wise
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella pearls
- 12 basil leaves, torn by hand
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze