Who really loved broccoli cheese soup as a kid? Please tell me you said yes. Well, today I've got a broccoli cheese soup with a twist....a sweet potato-ish, cheesy-ish broccoli soup. Not overly cheesy, but more of a combo of a sweet potato flavor and a cheesy flavor. As you all know by now, I love soup. They are so easy and fast to make and with my schedule lately and for this year, I need easy meals.
I've got an insane month happening, well, an insane next few months. I have so many exciting things that I'm working on and to share with you coming soon. I'm so grateful to be doing what I love and getting to share it with all of you. I'm especially excited to share with you another soup recipe. It's going to be getting in the 80's soon here in Texas, so I need to get up some more soup recipes before it gets too hot and you all think I'm crazy.
- 1 packed cup of finely chopped white onion (160 g)
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced (12 g)
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cups water
- 3-4 cups frozen broccoli florets, depending on how chunky you want it
- 3 tablespoons brown rice flour (30 g)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast (52 g, add more for a stronger cheesy flavor, I use this brandwhich is much more mild in flavor)
- ¼ cup dill pickle juice (just regular hamburger dill pickle juice, nothing fancy, this helps aid in the cheesy flavor and give depth)