Get ready for this mind blowing 8 ingredient dangerously, dark chocolate ice cream layered with dark chocolate covered almonds. This ice cream is for sure to be one of the creamiest, most decadent ice creams you've had.
- One 13.5 oz can of full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (regular unsweetened cocoa powder will work too)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup (or agave)
- 1 teaspoon unsulphured molasses (optional-but aids in the dark chocolate flavor)
- One 3.16 oz (90 g) dark cacao chocolate bar 70-71% cacao, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (My favorite is Rodelle vanilla )
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate covered almonds, chopped (20 g)
- Make sure your freezer bowl from your ice cream maker has been in your freezer for a couple of days to make sure all the liquid in it is completely solid, otherwise it won't make ice cream properly. See your manual for further tips.