An amazing, authentic cheese sauce that will win over even dairy lovers and just requires 5 minutes to throw together. No cooking or standing over the stove. This goes great with chips, burritos or even on broccoli!
- 3/4 cup water, or more as needed to dilute flavor
- 3-4 tablespoons (I used 4) RAW tahini (any raw tahini should work as long as it's smooth & not overly thick, otherwise decrease the amount to taste)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste (not tomato sauce), adjust if needed for taste
- 2 teaspoons dark red wine balsamic vinegar (add more for a stronger tang, to taste preference)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- It is crucial to use a raw tahini here that is smooth, so the tahini isn't too thick or overpowering. The brand I use is a nuetral flavor backdrop and is pourable and very smooth and almost liquidy. Too thick of tahini can make the flavor too strong. I highly recommend Rawguru brand because of these reasons. Otherwise you may need to decrease the amount of tahini used. I don't recommend any subs here, as each ingredient is crucial for the taste and I tested it several ways before finalizing on this bowl of yumminess.