Just 8 ingredients for these bars that are moist, sweet, tender and bursting with peanut butter flavor. If you love peanut butter, you will love these delicious bars!
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup organic gluten free Koala rice crisp chocolate cereal or Bear River Valley Choco Chomp)
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (Bob's Red Mill gluten free if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (helps to bind the bars well)
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/2 cup all natural creamy peanut butter with no additives, except for salt
- 1/2 cup pure grade A maple syrup or agave or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- If your peanut butter doesn't have any added salt (mine does), then add 1/8 teaspoon salt to the recipe.