So I will confess. Google will kind of tell you whatever you want. But according to some people, pumpkin is a superfood. So are sweet potatoes. And so are pomegranates. And don’t forget dark chocolate.
Verdict: superfood muffins. And no lie, the batter tastes like fudge frosting.
I’ve decided if there is one thing I can eat all day, every day, its muffins. Brownies and blondies, I’ll make myself use some self control. Cookies have to be ridiculously above average for me to love em. But breads and muffins? I don’t think my family knows I’ve even made them sometimes. They’re gone that fast.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (or sweet potato puree)
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ cup oil (I used melted coconut oil, but you can sub canola)
- ¼ cup almond milk (make sure it's unsweetened. You can sub coconut or soy as well)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/3 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- ½ cup pomegranate arils + more for topping