Before we hit the ground running, I need to clarify something.
I am not vegan.
However, because vegan food doesn’t include any animal products, that means there is no dairy, which suits my little old digestive system loverly. And that also means no eggs, which isn’t happening in real life, but in my world of desserts, it has worked out just fine. Besides, “vegan” is a lot shorter than “dairy free.”
But I’m not vegan. I eat eggs. I eat bacon. I eat eggs and bacon together. They’re good stuff.
- 3 medium-to-large very ripe bananas
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chunks