Why I love it: This dish takes five minutes to make, is delicious and requires only pantry ingredients. It’s perfect when you don’t have time or groceries.
A few weeks ago we watched the series Cooked, a documentary about the history of cooking that is based on Michael Pollan’s book by the same name. It’s a very interesting show that is also absolutely beautifully shot, if you haven’t seen it I definitely recommend it. One of the things I was at first surprised to learn from Cooked was that people in the U.S. cook less today than they have in at least 30 years.
- 4 ounces soba noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (with peanuts as the only ingredient)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sambal (more if you like it spicier)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- mint leaves and sesame seeds (optional)