Why I love it: This crisp makes a delicious dessert that’s bursting with great flavors. Both the fruit mix and the topping are quick and easy to put together and can be prepared in advance. Because it’s a one-dish dessert cleanup is easy too!
I’m not a big fan of raw fruit but I am a huge fan of fruit crisps. What an incredible transformation they are. You start with hard, boring apples and tart, twist-your-face-into-a-grimace raspberries and end with a juicy, crispy, warm, sweet and flavorful dish of deliciousness. Yes, please. I think I could finish my dinner with a fruit crisp every night and not get tired of it. (As a matter of fact, I made the crisp I have here three times this week already).
- 2 Gala apples, peeled, cored and cut into ½–inch chunks
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter