This simple and delicious recipe for *Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes* is sure to become a family favorite. A childhood classic just got a little bit healthier and a little bit more convenient!
Don’t get me wrong: there’s nothing wrong with using a can of Manwich sauce to make the occasional Sloppy Joe. I was raised on the stuff, and my kids have become fond of it as well. But if I told you that I have a simple recipe for something even tastier, healthier, and easier, wouldn’t you want to give it a try?
- 2 lbs. ground turkey (or substitute with equal amount of ground beef or ground chicken)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- Hamburger buns, for serving