Fresh asparagus is in season
and our lemon tree is practically falling over from the weight of all the lemons –
Lemon chicken pasta puts all those flavors together with a creamy sauce.
As Jeff’s sis would say, there’s a certain amount of “orchestration,” needed to make sure this meal hits the table piping hot.
Here’s the scenario –
While you’re cooking the chicken, the pasta water will reach a boil.
You’ll toss the pasta in the water and start putting the sauce together.
A few minutes later you’ll add the fresh asparagus to the water.
Once the pasta and asparagus are cooked, you pour it all into a strainer (reserving a little pasta water just in case), pour the sauce over it, toss with parmesan and serve.
The key to success and happiness here is: a little preparation before any fires are lit.
By that I mean — get the table set, put on some music, pour yourself a glass of wine and have everything washed, sliced, zested and pulled out of the fridge before you get started.
Lemon Chicken Pasta with Fresh Asparagus – Easily, deliciously done!
Enjoy! – The Recipe Wench
Lemon Chicken Pasta with Fresh Asparagus
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed or sliced thin (less than 1/4 inch thick) and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (I bring more to the table for adding after the dish is served)
- 1 pound pasta