This Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish uses puff pastry and fresh strawberries, making it the ultimate quick summer dessert! Use whatever fruit you like!
Strawberry season is finally getting near here and I’m dreaming up all kinds of ways to use my fresh strawberries! This Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe is just the beginning.
If you’re one of those lucky Southerners whose farmers markets and gardens start overflowing early in the Spring, I’m totally jealous. For us Manitobans, we are just starting to see fresh local produce popping up.
- 4oz (1/2 package) cream cheese, room temperature
- (1/2 package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- egg yolk
- 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 450g box), cold
- sheet puff pastry (1/2 450g box), cold
- 1 egg white
- egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- tablespoon water
- 16 strawberries, very thinly sliced
- strawberries, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam, warmed
- tablespoons strawberry jam, warmed