Easy, make ahead Cranberry Bacon Jam and cheese on top of a crusty baguette, topped with chopped walnuts for extra crunch — these crostini are the perfect combination of sweet, smoky, salty and cheesy!
So, this post was originally going to be some kind of way (way way way way) over the top fudge recipe, but I was looking at my calendar, and since I’ve color coded sweet and savory recipes to make sure there’s a balance, it was pretty easy to see that there was absolutely no balance in December. Sweets won out!
- 1 lb bacon, finely chopped
- 1medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp brewed coffee (hot or cold, doesn't matter)
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced (you'll get about 20-24 slices from one regular length baguette)
- butter or margarine
- 20-24 slices good quality cheese (I recommend smoked cheddar!)
- toasted, chopped walnuts